Monday, February 2, 2009

Seige of Vicksburg

This must be the finishing blow. Together, in the span of less than two weeks, we lost the Battle of Gettysburg and the Union siege of Vicksburg by the Union was successful. We have lost thousands of soldiers to death, and many more have been captured by Union forces. Not only that, essential suppliers for war such as artillery have been taken by the Union.I cannot help but feel totally responsible for Vicksburg, for it was I who told Lieutenant General Pemberton to protect Vicksburg. It was a tactically horrendous choice, and we are now paying for it.


http://books.google.com/books?id=3Wkn3Ozr6Y8C&dq=michael+j.+ballard+vicksburg&printsec=frontcover&source=bn&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=4&ct=result

1 comment:

  1. If I were still alive President Davis, I would have gave everything I had to ensure the victory of the COnferderates.

    ReplyDelete