Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Battle of Gettysburg

I had expected, after the Battle of Chancellorsville, for Lee to march north and win with relative ease. This battle has been, however, a devastating blow to us in so many ways. Not only did we lose thousands of good soldiers, but we have also lost any support we had in Europe. A loss of morale is rampant across the Confederate States of America. Due to this win for the union, Lincoln will now not accept any form of negotiation for a peaceful secession. I fear that the end is near for us.

http://books.google.com/books?id=nNgBAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA348&dq=battle+of+gettysburg++jefferson+davis

2 comments:

  1. Until this moment, I believed with all my heart that the South should fight to the end, never surrender. Today, unfortunately, so many good men lost their lives and I cannot help but wonder if this is all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree Mr. Davis. It has been a pretty terrible loss for the Confederacy. Hopefully we can pull some sort of strength together and hold our ground. But I also fear that the end may be nearing.

    ReplyDelete