Thursday, January 22, 2009

Battle of Manassas

Battle of Manassas was a great step forward for the well being of the Confederate States of America. With the win of the first major land battle of this war, our morale is much higher in the face much more industrialized and powerful enemy. I arrived at the battlefield to see a hasty ill planned retreat of Union soldiers in the face of our superiority in this battle. I then urged General Johnston and Beauregard to continue after the Union forces to make use of this situation to the fullest. However, all attempts to do so failed due to the inexperience of our soldiers. I still hope that we will be able to settle this without anymore fighting, but I am no longer afraid to use force to preserve the Confederation.
http://books.google.com/books?id=6Kf3HON53owC&pg=PA322&dq=jefferson+davis+bull+run#PPA300,M1

3 comments:

  1. Yes,the victory of the battle of Manassas was a great step and I am glad I had the opportunity to serve my fellow Conferdarates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great step? You call war a "great step"? I lost close to 200 men in that "great step"! Progress is never made when men have to lose their lives for the sake of progression. Had it not been for that traitor Greenhow, then our assault would have been successful and we would have been that much closer to ending this war!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I understand it, the situation cannot be resolved through peaceable matters anymore. With the battle of Fort Sumter and now the emergence of Manassas as a battlefield, the belligerent actions cannot go ignored. I stand behind you, musket in my grasp, ready to fight in the name of Confederacy and freedom.

    ReplyDelete